Eggless Corn Pie
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Vegetarian
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup (2 oz.) butter
- ½ tsp. black pepper or white pepper
- 8 tbsp. fine cornmeal (we use the Promasa brand)
- 2 red pimento peppers, chopped
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 large sweet pepper, diced
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Add the liquid from 1 can of whole kernel corn to 1 cup evaporated milk.
- Mix well then add salt and black pepper or white pepper.
- Stir in cornmeal to a smooth paste and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a deep pot.
- Saute the onion, and add the sweet pepper, and pimento pepper. Stir occasionally.
- Add flour. Turn off the fire and mix.
- Then add the cornmeal mixture and stir on low heat to a consistent paste.
- Add heavy cream and mix.
- Stir in the whole kernel corn.
- Continue stirring until it leaves the sides of the pot.
- Remove from heat and pour into a greased dish.
- Dot with butter on surface and smooth the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved