Chocolate cakes are great. this one is eggless and could knock the black fruit cake from its pedestal.
- 2 1/4 cups less 1 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate powder
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp. chocolate powder divided
- 5 tbsp. corn starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp. cinnamon divided
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1/8 cup brown sugar optional
- Semi sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line with wax paper, grease and flour a cake pan (a deep 8 inch round) with unsweetened chocolate powder. Set aside,
- Sift three times together the flour with the cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda,
- /2 cup chocolate powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Place the butter in a small pan Add the one tablespoon of chocolate powder.
- Add 3 tablespoon of chocolate kisses to the butter.
- Melt the butter on the stove top, do not let it boil. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine well the condensed milk, evaporated milk melted butter, almond extract and (if used) the sugar.
- Fold in the liquid mixture into the flour mixture. Mix well.
- Pour into the lined and greased cake pan.
- For an extra chocolatey surprise, sprinkle (to your liking) some semi-sweet chocolate kisses on the top as well.
- Place the pan in a preheated oven, 325 degree F. Bake for about 45 minutes, until the cake is golden brown. and a toothpick, when inserted in the center of the cake, comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool before serving.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved