Eggless Chocolate Cake
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Desserts
- 2¼ cups less 1 tbsp. all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened chocolate powder
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp. chocolate powder, divided
- 5 tbsp. corn starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp. cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1 cup melted butter
- ⅛ cup brown sugar (optional)
- Semi sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line with wax paper, grease and flour a cake pan (a deep 8 inch round) with unsweetened chocolate powder. Set aside,
- Sift three times together the flour with the cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda,
- /2 cup chocolate powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Place the butter in a small pan Add the one tablespoon of chocolate powder.
- Add 3 tablespoon of chocolate kisses to the butter.
- Melt the butter on the stove top, do not let it boil. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine well the condensed milk, evaporated milk melted butter, almond extract and (if used) the sugar.
- Fold in the liquid mixture into the flour mixture. Mix well.
- Pour into the lined and greased cake pan.
- For an extra chocolatey surprise, sprinkle (to your liking) some semi-sweet chocolate kisses on the top as well.
- Place the pan in a preheated oven, 325 degree F. Bake for about 45 minutes, until the cake is golden brown. and a toothpick, when inserted in the center of the cake, comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool before serving.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved