- 2 1/4 cups less 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 5 tbsp. corn starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 can condense milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar optional
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- Sift twice together the flour with the cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Combine well the condense milk, evaporated milk, melted butter, almond extract and (if you had chosen) the confectioner's sugar.
- Fold in the liquid mixture into the flour mixture. Mix well. Pour into a lined and grease (deep 9" round) cake pan with wax paper. Bake in a preheated 325 degree F oven for about 45 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick when inserted, in the center of the cake, comes out clean.
This cake is mildly sweet. If you want a sweeter cake, I believe the optional confectioner's sugar will do just well, because it will blend easily in the cake.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved