This simple dish is a popular Chinese meal.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 8 mins
Course: Main Course, Main Dish, Rice Dishes
Cuisine: Chinese, Chinese /Caribbean
Keyword: egg recipe, eggs, rice recipe
Servings: 2 people
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1½ teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish with slices of cucumber and tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the shallots till fragrant and light brown. Remove and add the rice and stir-fry well.
- Add the seasoning and continue for about 3 minutes. Then pour in eggs and fry until it is properly cooked.
- The rice will be coated with a yellowish-brown colour. Sprinkle the fried shallots over the rice. Serve with garnishing.
You can add mushrooms, corn, and green peas to this recipe.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.