Egg Fried Rice
This simple dish is a popular Chinese meal.
Servings: 2 people
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1½ teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish with slices of cucumber and tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the shallots till fragrant and light brown. Remove and add the rice and stir-fry well.
- Add the seasoning and continue for about 3 minutes. Then pour in eggs and fry until it is properly cooked.
- The rice will be coated with a yellowish-brown colour. Sprinkle the fried shallots over the rice. Serve with garnishing.
Note: You can add mushrooms, corn, and green peas to this recipe.