- 3 medium eddoes
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic grated + 2 crushed to chongkay
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- chadon beni chutney optional
- Boil the eddoes.
- Note: To test doneness just stick an ice pick or knife. If it goes through smoothly then it is ready.
- Peel then mash the eddoes using the back of a fork
- Add the onion, garlic then add salt and pepper to taste. Mix
- Fry the 2 cloves of garlic in a kalchul (ladle) and chongkay the eddoes.
- Adjust salt and pepper if necessary then mix until smooth. Add chadon beni chutney (optional)
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved