This Eddoes Choka is a breakfast dishwhich is simple and a no fuss in preparation.
Cuisine: East Indian
- 3 medium eddoes
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic grated + 2 crushed to chongkay
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- chadon beni chutney optional
- Boil the eddoes.
- Note: To test doneness just stick an ice pick or knife. If it goes through smoothly then it is ready.
- Peel then mash the eddoes using the back of a fork
- Add the onion, garlic then add salt and pepper to taste. Mix
- Fry the 2 cloves of garlic in a kalchul (ladle) and chongkay the eddoes.
- Adjust salt and pepper if necessary then mix until smooth. Add chadon beni chutney (optional)
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved