This is an easy fruit cake everyone would enjoy. This holiday fruitcake looks a lot like our sweet bread recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup cherries chopped
- 1/2 cup dates seedless and chopped
- 1/4 cup mixed candied fruit
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour sifted
- 3/4 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp powdered nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp powdered cloves
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 tsp.vanilla essence
- In a large bowl, mixed fruits and almond nuts together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the butter until soft;
- then add the sugar and cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs, one at a time. beat well.
- Mix dry ingredients together. Set aside 3/4 of the dry ingredients.
- Mix the remaining 1/4 of dry ingredients with the fruits and nuts.
- dd the reserved 3/4 of the dry ingredients to butter mixture; mix well.
- Pour batter over fruit; mix well.
- Add orange juice and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Preheat oven at slow 275 degrees F. Grease a small loaf pan; line pans with waxed paper. Grease the paper. Pour cake batter into prepared pan. Bake for about 1 1/2 hours. Let cool thoroughly. Brush with brandy or orange juice. Cover and keep in cool place, not in the refrigerator. Please note, it is best to cut this cake with a sharp knife.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved