Easy Holiday Fruitcake
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Breads
- 1½ cups raisins
- 1 cup cherries, chopped
- ½ cup dates, seedless and chopped
- ¼ cup mixed candied fruit
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- 6 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- ¾ cup uncooked oatmeal
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp powdered nutmeg
- ¼ tsp powdered cloves
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- ½ tsp.vanilla essence
- In a large bowl, mixed fruits and almond nuts together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the butter until soft;
- then add the sugar and cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs, one at a time. beat well.
- Mix dry ingredients together. Set aside ¾ of the dry ingredients.
- Mix the remaining ¼ of dry ingredients with the fruits and nuts.
- dd the reserved ¾ of the dry ingredients to butter mixture; mix well.
- Pour batter over fruit; mix well.
- Add orange juice and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Preheat oven at slow 275 degrees F. Grease a small loaf pan; line pans with waxed paper. Grease the paper. Pour cake batter into prepared pan. Bake for about 1½ hours. Let cool thoroughly. Brush with brandy or orange juice. Cover and keep in cool place, not in the refrigerator. Please note, it is best to cut this cake with a sharp knife.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved