If you have never tried a Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo, you should know you are missing something. There is something about milk and melted cheese that is simply irressistable.
- 250 g fettuccine pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic grated (divided)
- 1 cup onion minced (divided)
- 2 sprigs chive minced
- 1 tbsp fine leaf thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 red pimento pepper minced
- 250 g chicken breast about 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups cooking cream or heavy cream
- 1 tbsp pimento pepper minced
- 1/4 cup chadon beni minced
- pepper to taste optional [I preferred to use red pepper flakes]
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated (based on how cheesy you want.)
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley
- Note: These are the brand of Parmesan cheese and cooking cream I used.
- Boil the fettuccine, drain and set aside. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Cut the chicken breast into cubes. Season with 1/2 cup onion, 1/4 tsp salt, chadon beni, chive, thyme and 2 cloves garlic (grated). Marinate for at least an hour.
- Heat the oil and saute ¼ cup onion until translucent. Add the chicken. Stir fry until cooked through.
- Note: When the chicken is cooked it will be white in colour.
- Remove and set aside.
- Now for the sauce. Add the butter, the rest of onion (1/4 cup) and 2 cloves garlic, grated. Let cook until translucent then add the red pimento pepper.
- Note: Here you can add even more seasonings to you liking. I chose to keep it simple.
- Add the cream. Lower the flame and simmer gently for 4- 5 minutes until it thickens. Stir occasionally.
- When the sauce thickens add the chicken and grated cheese. Stir to coat evenly. Adjust salt if desired. Add the fettuccine and toss. Add the parsley optional pepper. Toss. Serve immediately.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved