Easy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- 250 g fettuccine pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic grated (divided)
- 1 cup onion minced (divided)
- 2 sprigs chive minced
- 1 tbsp fine leaf thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 red pimento pepper minced
- 250 g chicken breast about 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups cooking cream or heavy cream
- 1 tbsp pimento pepper minced
- 1/4 cup chadon beni minced
- pepper to taste optional [I preferred to use red pepper flakes]
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated (based on how cheesy you want.)
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley
- Note: These are the brand of Parmesan cheese and cooking cream I used.
- Boil the fettuccine, drain and set aside. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water.
- Cut the chicken breast into cubes.
- Season with 1/2 cup onion, 1/4 tsp salt, chadon beni, chive, thyme and 2 cloves garlic (grated).
- Marinate for at least an hour.
- Heat the oil and saute 1/4 cup onion until translucent.
- Add the chicken. Stir fry until cooked through.
- Note: When the chicken is cooked it will be white in colour.
- Remove and set aside.
- Now for the sauce.
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Add the butter, the rest of onion (1/4 cup) and 2 cloves garlic, grated.
- Let cook until translucent then add the red pimento pepper.
- Note: Here you can add even more seasonings to you liking. I chose to keep it simple.
- Add the cream. Lower the flame and simmer gently for 4- 5 minutes until it thickens. Stir occasionally.
- When the sauce thickens add the chicken and grated cheese.
- Stir to coat evenly. Adjust salt if desired.
- Add the fettuccine and toss.
- Add the parsley optional pepper. Toss. Serve immediately.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved