Easy Baked Spare Ribs
Servings: 4 - 6
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1 cup canned consomme
- 1/4 c tomato purie or ketchup or tomato paste
- 4 lb pork spare ribs
- Mash or crush garlic and mix with salt. Now mix garlic honey, soy sauce, consomme and puree or ketchup together.
- Soak or marinate spare ribs in this mixture for several hours. Turn the ribs several times so all surfaces soak up the flavours.
- Start oven for 326 degrees F or hot. Line a baking rack with heavy duty foil. Place spare ribs in baking pan lined witj aluminum foil. Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees for moderate and bake 1 hours and 10 minutes longer or until ribs are tender when tested with a fork. Baste occasionally.
- Note: A consommé is made by adding a mixture of ground meats, together with mirepoix (a combination of carrots, celery, and onions), tomatoes, and egg whites into either bouillon or stock.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved