- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cups butter soften
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbps. coffee liqueur or amaretto
- Whole almonds
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, vanilla and coffee liqueur on medium speed, using a hand mixer, till light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl frequently.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture until blended and smooth.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Remove from fridge after the hour and begin the next step at once.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Roll dough, into 1 inch balls. Place them 2 1/2 inches apart on an unbuttered baking sheet. Note: Do not grease the sheet.
- Gently press an almond in the top of each ball.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cookies will be light and crisp. Cool on wire racks and store in an airtight container.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved