- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cups butter soften
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbps. coffee liqueur or amaretto
- Whole almonds
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, vanilla and coffee liqueur on medium speed, using a hand mixer, till light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl frequently.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture until blended and smooth.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Remove from fridge after the hour and begin the next step at once.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Roll dough, into 1 inch balls. Place them 2 1/2 inches apart on an unbuttered baking sheet. Note: Do not grease the sheet.
- Gently press an almond in the top of each ball.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cookies will be light and crisp. Cool on wire racks and store in an airtight container.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved