Dosti (two in one) roti
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Breads
Cuisine: East Indian
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 3 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tbsp. Melted unsalted butter or oil
- ½ tsp. Salt (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Add 1⅛ cups water all at once and mix into a soft dough.
- Add more water if necessary. Knead dough (folding and sealing until smooth). Cover with a damp cloth and leave to rest for ½ hour.
- Knead once and divide into 8 balls (loyah). Allow to relax for 15 minutes.
- Then shape the balls into a circle 4" in diameter. Spread butter or oil on top the first circle and top it with another.
- On a floured board or clean counter roll out the two roti together with a rolling pin.
- Lightly grease a hot baking stone or tawah. Then place the rolled out dough on the tawah until it is cooked on one side.
- Turn over and cook the other side. Remove and place on a clean towel. Insert knife between the two layers and separate to allow the steam out. Keep warm in a clean towel.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved