- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp chadon beni chopped finely
- 1/3 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp grated onion
- 1 pimento pepper finely chopped (divided)
- 2/3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp chive finely chopped
- 2 tbsp low-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce or more according to taste
- 1/4 tsp paprika for garnishing the eggs
- 2 sprigs chive chopped ( for garnish)
- Boil eggs in water with 1 tbsp salt added over a medium flame, turning frequently with a pair tongs.
- Note: Why do I have 6 eggs boiling? Elementary, eggs have a mind of their own when they are boiling. Some may crack and spill into the water, while others may not boil perfectly leaving the yolk in the centre. So to be on the safe side it is better to boil more than needed.
- Halve the eggs, remove yolks and mash with a fork.
- Add other ingredients except paprika and half of the chopped pimento to mashed yolks; Mix well.
- Refill egg whites with yolk mixture.
- Top each with some of the chopped pimento pepper, sprinkle with paprika. Serve chilled. Note: Refrigeration is important as it would allow the seasoning to marinate a bit.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved