Curry Stew Agouti
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Meats
Serves: serves 10
- 2 lbs Agouti
- 1½ cups coconut milk
- 2 tbsps. curry
- ¼ lb green paw paw (papaya), peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp.. sugar
- 20 leaves chadon beni, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsps oil
- Seasoning to taste
- Salt to taste (about ¼ tsp.)
- Pepper to taste (about 1 tsp)
- Season the meat and leave to marinate overnight.
- Add the sugar and allow to caramelize . Add the agouti and stir, to coat evenly with the browning. Allow to simmer in its own juices.
- After about 5 minutes add the paw paw., the cooked the garlic, and a little water.
- About 20 minutes after, add the coconut milk. Allow to simmer until tender.
- Serve with rice or roti etc.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved