Curry Stew Agouti
- 2 lbs Agouti
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tbsps. curry
- 1/4 lb green paw paw papaya, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp.. sugar
- 20 leaves chadon beni finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 tbsps oil
- Seasoning to taste
- Salt to taste about 1/4 tsp.
- Pepper to taste about 1 tsp
- Season the meat and leave to marinate overnight.
- Add the sugar and allow to caramelize . Add the agouti and stir, to coat evenly with the browning. Allow to simmer in its own juices.
- After about 5 minutes add the paw paw., the cooked the garlic, and a little water.
- About 20 minutes after, add the coconut milk. Allow to simmer until tender.
- Serve with rice or roti etc.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved