- 1 cup rice uncooked
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1 small red sweet pepper finely diced
- 1 small green sweet pepper finely diced
- 3 tsp. diced celery stalk
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. geera powder
- 25 almond nuts chopped (optional)
- 1/4 c. water
- Water to boil rice
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste optional
- Boil the rice and drain.
- Toast the chopped almonds over medium - low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil and butter and add the curry, geera and turmeric. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add about 1/4 cup of water, add the onion and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet peppers and celery and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the rice and evenly coat with the curry. Add almonds and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved