- 1 hot pepper
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 5 leaves chadon beni
- 5 mangoes half ripe
- 3 tbsp curry
- 2 tbsp water to mix curry
- 1 tsp saffron powder
- 1 tsp geera powder cumin
- 2 tbsp salt *
- 3 tbsp sugar or to taste
- 2 tbsp su flower oil
- *Note: It is recommend to those suffering from hypertension to reduce the salt content in this recipe to at least 1 tsp.
- Cut up the mango and clean. There is a semi- transparent lining that has to be removed together with the pieces of the seed.
- Add the salt and boil the mangoes. Drain and set aside.
- Mix the curry, saffron, geera powder and water. Saute the garlic and hot pepper. Add the curry mixture and cook for about two minutes.
- Add the sugar to the mangoes then pour into the pot and evenly coat with the curry. Pour a little water and add the chadon beni.
- Cook for another 5 -7 minutes to allow the curry. To infuse and water to evaporate. The mango should have a semi dry, paste like consistency when done. Season to taste and serve.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved