Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Vegetarian
Cuisine: East Indian
- 3 medium Jhingi, peeled and chopped
- 4 clove garlic
- ½ medium onion
- 1 tbsp. green seasoning
- 2 tsp. geera powder
- 2½ tbsp. curry
- 1 tsp. saffron (turmeric)
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Wash, peel and dice the jhingi.
- NOTE: You may remove the seeds if you wish.
- Mix the curry, green seasoning, geera powder and saffron (turmeric) in about 2 tbsp of water.
- Peel and chop the garlic and onion.
- Heat the oil over a medium flame
- Saute the garlic and onion for about a minute or until translucent
- Add the curry mixture and stir. Allow to reduce until sticky.
- Then add the jhingi and add about ½ cup water.
- Allow to simmer 15 - 20 minutes until tender. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice or with roti.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved