- INGREDIENTS FOR SEASONING
- 3 lbs duck chopped
- 3 tbsp curry (chief brand duck and goat curry)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp amchar masala
- 4 tbsp green seasoning
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- INGREDIENTS TO COOK
- 6 pimento peppers chopped
- 1 hot pepper
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 6 methi seeds fenugreek
- 1 tbsp curry
- 1/2 tbsp saffron Turmeric
- 1 tbsp amchar masala divided
- water for curry mixture + water for cooking
- 1 hot pepper
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- Chop the duck into bite size pieces and wash with lime. Drain.
- Add the garlic, salt, black pepper curry and masala,
- hot pepper sauce and green seasoning.
- Mix thoroughly and place in fridge to marinate for at least three hours or at best overnight.
- Heat oil and add methi seeds. In the mean time mix the curry, turmeric and masala in about 2 tbsp of water.
- When the seeds start to bubble add the curry mixture and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Then add the seasoned duck.
- Add a little water and let simmer for about 30 – 40 minutes or until tender.
- Within the first 20 minutes of cooking add the coconut milk and hot pepper.
- About 10 minutes before the duck is done and a bit tender add the 6 pimento peppers…
- and remaining 1/2 tbsp masala.
- Let it dry down a bit ( Bonje). You could leave a bit of water for sauce.
- Serve with dhal puri or buss up shut, curry aloo and channa, with some pommecythere kuchela.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved