Curry Conchs and Dumpling
Servings: 4 - 5
- 2 lbs conchs cleaned
- 2 tsp salt
- 10 leaves chadon beni
- 1 head garlic 8 cloves, cleaned and chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice divided
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 2 tsp amchar masala
- 1 tsp geera powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 tbsp curry powder divided
- 1/2 hot pepper scotch bonnet
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cups flour for dumpling
- DUMPLING *(See link below)
- Boil the dumpling, drain and set aside.
- CURRY CONCHS
- Wash and clean the conch in water with 1tbsp of lime juice added
- (That’s about 1/2 a lime squeezed)
- Cut each conch in two and wash again.
- Blend the chadon beni, hot pepper, and 5 cloves of garlic. Set aside.
- Drain the water from the conch and add salt, 1 tbsp Curry, 1 tbsp lime juice And 3tbsp of the green seasoning mixture.
- Mix well and marinate for at least 3 hours.
- In a cup, add the geera powder, amchar masala powder,
- turmeric powder and the remaining 3 tbsp of curry powder.
- Add 5 tbsp water and mix well.
- Heat the oil; add the remaining 3 cloves of garlic (chopped) and add the curry mixture.
- When the mixture looks sticky add the conchs.
- Let cook for a while until it has sticky appearance
- (meaning that most of the water has evaporated)
- Add the coconut milk and pressure cook for about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serve over the dumpling.
When the dumpling floats to the surface it is ready. You can double check by cutting one with a knife or edge of a spoon. * https://www.simplytrinicooking.com/dumplings/
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved