- 1 lb or 2 packs chicken parts
- 1 tbsp. curry powder to season
- 1 tsp. salt to season the meat
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 tbsp. curry & 1 tbsp. green seasoning* to cook
- 4 tbsp. oil
- 3 tbsp.water
- Pepper to taste
- Note: If you do not have green seasoning you can use: 1 onion chopped 1 sprig thyme and 1 chive chopped
- Cut the chicken into small pieces. Season well. Allow to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Heat oil and add the garlic. Mix 1/2 tbsp. curry powder with 1 tbsp. green seasoning, and 3 tbsp. water.
- Add to hot oil and cook for approximately 2 minutes. Allow to curry and reduce to a thick paste. Stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Add the seasoned chicken to the pot. Stir to coat with the curry. Add water salt and pepper. Cover and leave to simmer for about 20 minutes or until tender. Serve hot.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved