Curry Chicken II
- 2 1/2 lbs. chicken
- 1 small onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 pimento pepper
- 1 chive chopped
- 6 leaves chadon beni chopped
- 2 sprigs fine leaf thyme chopped
- 2 tsp. amchar masala powder
- 2 tbsp. curry
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Clean, cut up and season the chicken with half of the onion, chive, 3 cloves of garlic, chadon beni, fine leaf thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Cut up the pimento pepper, the other half of onion and the 2 cloves of garlic and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium flame and add the curry. Cook for 1 minute. Add the onion and garlic. Cook until it gets sticky in the pot.
- Add the chicken and stir. Let the curry evenly coat the chicken. Add the amchar masala powder.
- Let cook for about 5 minutes. Note: During this time the chicken will exude it's own "water" as it cooks. What we want is most of the water to evaporate while the chicken cooks. Add about 1 cup water, Cover the pot and let simmer until the chicken is fully cooked (about 10 - 15 minutes). Note: Check the water level occasionally.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved.