Servings: 10 - 12 (per 28g per serving
- 2 medium chataigne breadnut or 3 small
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 pimento peppers chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 tbsp. curry
- 1 tsp. geera powder
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. amchar masala
- 2 tbsp. green seasoning
- 3/4 cup coconut milk powder about 75g
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- Rub a bit of oil on your hands. This will prevent your hands from getting sticky. Peel the thick outer skin. Cut into quarters and remove the heart. Separate the seeds from the flesh. Chop the chataigne flesh finely. Remove the skin from the seed. Place in a large bowl of water and wash.
- Mix the curry, masala, green seasoning, geera, and turmeric with 4 tbsp of water. Heat oil and saute garlic, pimento peppers and onion. Add the curry mixture and allow to reduce to an almost sticky paste.
- Add the chataigne Coat evenly with the curry. Add salt to taste. Mix the coconut powder in 1 cup of water (or add pure coconut milk). Add to chataigne and simmer for 1 minute.
- Pressure cook for 6 - 8 minutes.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved