Curry Channa and Aloo (Potato)
Servings: 4 - 6
- 1/2 lb. dried channa or 1 tin of channa garbanzo bean
- 4 potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 pimento peppers finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp geera
- 1/2 tsp masala
- 1/2 tsp. salt or salt to taste
- 3-4 leaves chadon beni chopped finely
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- If dried channa is used, pressure cook the channa in salted water (1 tsp salt) until tender. Drain and set aside the channa and the channa water. (Note: it is also recommended to soak the channa in water first. Strain and the pressure cook the beans).
- Wash, peel and chop the potatoes. Heat oil and add onion and garlic. Add the curry and cook until almost dry. Add potato and green seasoning. Stir until coated with curry.
- Add channa and mix. Then add the pimento and chadon beni. Add the "channa" water (about 2 cups).
- Cook until potatoes are tender and mixture is thick. Season with salt, geera, masala. Add pepper to taste.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved