Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Vegetarian
Cuisine: East Indian
Serves: Serves 7
- 1 bundle bodi, chopped
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. masala
- 1 pimento pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. green seasoning
- 1 sprig chive, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. finely chopped chadon beni
- ⅓ cup water (for the curry)
- 1½ cups water (for the stew)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Chop the bodi. Heat oil in an iron pot and saute the garlic. Add the onion and pimento. Mix the curry powder in a little water (about ⅓ cup). Pour into the pot and turn regularly until the mixture is thick.
- Add the bodi and potatoes and stir until coated with the curry. Add 1½cup of water and cook the potatoes and bodi until tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and season to taste. Cook until water cooks down and the mixture is tender and thick.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved