- 1 bundle bodi chopped
- 2 small potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. masala
- 1 pimento pepper chopped
- 1 tsp. green seasoning
- 1 sprig chive finely chopped
- 1 tsp. finely chopped chadon beni
- 1/3 cup water for the curry
- 1½ cups water for the stew
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Chop the bodi. Heat oil in an iron pot and saute the garlic. Add the onion and pimento. Mix the curry powder in a little water (about 1/3 cup). Pour into the pot and turn regularly until the mixture is thick.
- Add the bodi and potatoes and stir until coated with the curry. Add 1½cup of water and cook the potatoes and bodi until tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and season to taste. Cook until water cooks down and the mixture is tender and thick.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved