Curry Beef with Potatoes
- 1 lb beef cubed
- 1 medium potato peeled and diced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 5 leaves chadon beni chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp. curry powder divided
- 1 tsp. geera powder
- 1/2 tbsp. saffron powder turmeric
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Salt to taste optional
- Pepper to taste optional
- In a bowl add the beef, onion, garlic, chadon beni, a little salt and 1/2 tbsp. curry powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Allow the beef to be evenly coated with the curry. In a cup, add 1 tbsp. curry powder 1/2 tbsp saffron powder and 1 tsp. geera powder add a little water, stir and set aside.
- Heat oil over a medium flame and saute the onion and garlic for about 1 minute or until golden brown. Stir the curry powder mix and pour into the pot. Allow to cook for about 1 minute then add the beef and mix thoroughly in the curry.
- Let the beef simmer for five minutes while constantly turning. Then you add enough water to cover the beef. Allow to cook for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and continue cooking until the beef and potatoes are cooked. (Be sure to add water often to prevent burning).
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved