Curried Goat and Pigeon Peas
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Meats
Cuisine: East Indian
- to season
- 1 lb goat, cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ med onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp green seasoning
- 1 pimento pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tsp curry powder
- to cook
- 2 tbsp duck and goat curry powder
- 1 tsp geera powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1½ cup pigeon peas
- 3 tbsp coconut powder
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1½ cup water to pressure cook
- 1½ cup rice
- Boil rice and set aside.
- Season the goat with salt, onion, green seasoning, pimento pepper, garlic and curry powder.
- Leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Defrost the pigeon peas if frozen and set aside.
- In the pressure cooker heat oil and saute the garlic until golden.
- Mix the duck and goat curry, geera powder and turmeric powder with 4 tbsp water and pour into the pressure cooker.
- Let “fry” until sticky.
- Then add the goat.
- Mix until even coated with the curry mixture. Let cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the pigeon peas and the coconut milk powder.
- Add 1½ cups water and pressure cook for 30 minutes. Serve hot over rice.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved