This is a simple meal, curried goat and pigeon peas. It is most enjoyed by people in the Caribbean.
Prep Time: 1 hr 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time:1 hr 45 mins
Cuisine: East Indian
- to season
- 1 lb goat cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 med onion sliced
- 1 tbsp green seasoning
- 1 pimento pepper
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 2 tsp curry powder
- to cook
- 2 tbsp duck and goat curry powder
- 1 tsp geera powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cup pigeon peas
- 3 tbsp coconut powder
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 cup water to pressure cook
- 1 1/2 cup rice
- Boil rice and set aside.
- Season the goat with salt, onion, green seasoning, pimento pepper, garlic and curry powder.
- Leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Defrost the pigeon peas if frozen and set aside.
- In the pressure cooker heat oil and saute the garlic until golden.
- Mix the duck and goat curry, geera powder and turmeric powder with 4 tbsp water and pour into the pressure cooker.
- Let “fry” until sticky.
- Then add the goat.
- Mix until even coated with the curry mixture. Let cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the pigeon peas and the coconut milk powder.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water and pressure cook for 30 minutes. Serve hot over rice.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved