Cucumber Chutney is a handy sauce that goes great with one of our favourite, Doubles.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
Cuisine: East Indian
- 2 cucumbers peeled and grated
- 10 leaves chadon beni chopped
- 1 hot pepper
- 3 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp lime juice optional
- Wash, peel and grate the cucumbers then place it in a strainer to drain.
- Cut up the chadon beni, hot pepper and garlic.
- Squeeze the remaining bit of water from the cucumber
- Blend the chadon beni, hot pepper and garlic.
- Add the lime juice, then pour the chadon beni mixture. Adjust salt to taste.
Peeling the cucumbers are optional
I used 3 tsp of the chadon beni mixture because that’s my personal taste. Feel free to adjust the salt to your liking.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved