Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups cornflakes
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper or pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp. grated onion
- 2 tsp. chive thyme, parsley, celery leaves each
- 3 tbsp green seasoning
- 1 tbsp. complete seasoning – For picture see Chinese Style Fried Chicken
- 10 chicken legs skinless
- Clean the chicken and remove the skin and season well with green seasoning and complete seasoning. Leave to marinate 20 mins.
- Preheat the the oven to 400 degrees F in the mean time for about 10 mins
- Crush the cornflakes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cornflakes and the herbs ( pepper, paprika, garlic, and onion)
- Beat the egg whites. (You can add some some dried parsley and paprika for flavoring).
- Tip: You can substitute egg whites for buttermilk.
- Working one piece at a time, dip the chicken into the egg whites and then into the cornflakes mixture.
- Tip: Alternatively, you can also dust the chicken with flour or cornstarch before you dip it in the egg whites or buttermilk.
- Press the crumbs until the chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Arrange the chicken , on a well-greased baking sheet or dish.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees F until the juices run clear, and the crust is golden brown.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved