This oven fried chicken has a wonderful crispy crumb. Now, the chicken was not fried in oil, so it is not oily at all.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups cornflakes
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper or pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp. grated onion
- 2 tsp. chive thyme, parsley, celery leaves each
- 3 tbsp green seasoning
- 1 tbsp. complete seasoning – For picture see Chinese Style Fried Chicken
- 10 chicken legs skinless
- Clean the chicken and remove the skin and season well with green seasoning and complete seasoning. Leave to marinate 20 mins.
- Preheat the the oven to 400 degrees F in the mean time for about 10 mins
- Crush the cornflakes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cornflakes and the herbs ( pepper, paprika, garlic, and onion)
- Beat the egg whites. (You can add some some dried parsley and paprika for flavoring).
- Tip: You can substitute egg whites for buttermilk.
- Working one piece at a time, dip the chicken into the egg whites and then into the cornflakes mixture.
- Tip: Alternatively, you can also dust the chicken with flour or cornstarch before you dip it in the egg whites or buttermilk.
- Press the crumbs until the chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Arrange the chicken , on a well-greased baking sheet or dish.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees F until the juices run clear, and the crust is golden brown.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved