Cream of Spinach Soup
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Soups
Cuisine: Caribbean, Fusion
- 1 cups Spinach, chopped finely
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup evaporated milk (Carnation)
- 1 large potato
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 big leaf thyme, chopped
- 2 sprig fine leaf thyme, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pimento peppers, chopped
- 2 tsp. green seasoning
- 6 leaves chadon beni, chopped
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1 dash parsley
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Salt to taste
- Chop big leaf thyme, fine leaf thyme, chadon beni, pimento, garlic etc. Set aside. Make your own chicken stock or use store bought stock.
- Melt the butter over a medium flame. Saute garlic and onions until translucent. Then add the potatoes and mix for about 2 minutes.
- Pour about 2 cups water. Add salt to taste and let boil until potatoes are cooked.
- Blanch the chopped Spinach and set aside.
- Pour out potatoes etc into a medium sized bowl and add the milk. When cooked, crush the potatoes using a hand mixer or a blender. Add the chopped Spinach afterward and the rest of seasonings. Adjust salt to taste. Serve hot.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved