Cream ‘o Rice Cakes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 c Flour1/2 cup uncooked Cream Of Rice
- 2 tb sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp lemon juice plus enough milk to make 3/4 cup total (milk & juice)
- 1 egg
- In a bowl stir together dry ingredients and make a well in the center.
- In another bowl, mix together liquids. Stir liquid into the dry ingredients and let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat lightly greased griddle over medium heat. Stir mixture and pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup on griddle. Cook carefully turning once to brown both sides. [Note: watch 'em close, they cook fast].
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved