This couscous pie will surprise you. It goes great with just about any type of meat or vegetables.
- 2 cups couscous
- 3 medium-sized onions finely chopped
- 2 1/2 large sweet peppers finely chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 4 pimento peppers finely chopped
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk we used the Carnation brand
- 1 tsp. black pepper or white pepper
- 1 tin 425 g/15 oz cream style corn
- Place the two cups of couscous in a deep bowl. Add water (enough to cover the couscous) at room temperature, and leave to soak for 10 – 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a deep pot, saute the onion in butter until translucent. Stir in the rest of vegetables and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the milk and heat for 2 more minutes. Remove.
- Mix together the couscous, cream style corn egg, sauteed vegetables and black pepper. Add 1 cup of cheese. Mix well.
- Pour into a baking dish, 12″ x 8″ x2″. Top with the remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake in an oven at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until golden and the cheese bubbles.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved