- 2 cups couscous
- 3 medium-sized onions finely chopped
- 2 1/2 large sweet peppers finely chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 4 pimento peppers finely chopped
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk we used the Carnation brand
- 1 tsp. black pepper or white pepper
- 1 tin 425 g/15 oz cream style corn
- Place the two cups of couscous in a deep bowl.
- Add water (enough to cover the couscous) at room temperature,
- and leave to soak for 10 – 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a deep pot, saute the onion in butter until translucent.
- Stir in the rest of vegetables and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the milk and heat for 2 more minutes. Remove.
- Mix together the couscous, cream style corn egg, sauteed vegetables and black pepper.
- Add 1 cup of cheese. Mix well.
- Pour into a baking dish, 12″ x 8″ x2″.
- Top with the remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake in an oven at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until golden and the cheese bubbles.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved