Cornmeal Coo Coo
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 2 pimento peppers finely chopped
- 12 ochroes sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp. all purpose seasoning
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1½ cups hot water
- 1 cup coconut milk powder dissolved in 1 cup warm water or 1 cup of fresh coconut milk
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- Heat oil in medium pot; sauté onions, garlic and pimento peppers until tender. Add ochroes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add seasoning, butter and coconut milk. Bring to a boil and cook until ochroes are tender.
- In a medium size bowl, mix cornmeal in the hot water. Add cornmeal, a little at a time, stirring vigorously until all is added.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed and a stiff ball is form.
- Remove from heat and pour into buttered bowl. Smooth top with the back of a buttered spoon. Cool and turn out onto serving plate.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved