Cornmeal Coo-Coo II
Servings: 1 9" dish
- 1 medium onion grated
- 1 tsp. garlic grated
- 10 small ochroes sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp. powdered seasoning of choice for taste*
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup water
- 2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp. chive
- 1 small pepper and pimento pepper thinly chopp*ed, for taste (optional)
- salt to taste
- Heat coconut milk on a low heat. Add ochroes and cook until tender. Add onion, garlic, chive, salt, pepper, and other seasoning continue cooking on a low heat.
- Remove from heat and add cornmeal (mix well). A thick creamy mixture is desirable. Return and cook on a low fire. Continually stir the mixture until most of the liquid is absorbed and a stiff ball is formed.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved