This corn pies is a brilliant and delicious recipe that was passed on to me from the older generation.
Prep Time:10 mins
Cook Time:30 mins
Total Time:40 mins
Keywords: corn pie, casserole
- 1 egg
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup 2 oz. butter, unsalted
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper or white pepper
- 8 tbsp. Promasa Cornmeal
- 2 pimento peppers chopped
- 2 medium sized onions chopped
- 1 large sweet pepper diced
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Add 1 egg to the liquid from 1 can of whole kernel corn. If there is little liquid add water to bring it up to about 1 cup liquid.
- Beat well then add salt and black pepper or white pepper. Stir in cornmeal to a smooth paste and set aside. Melt the butter and saute the onion, pimento peppers and sweet pepper.
- Add evaporated milk and bring to boil. Add the cornmeal mixture and stir on low heat to a consistent paste. Stir in the whole kernel corn. Continue stirring until it leaves the sides of the pot. Remove from heat and pour into a greased dish. Smooth the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approx 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Click the link to download PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved.