Coffee Liqueur Ice Cream
This coffee liqueur ice cream recipe is all about making ice cream using the freezer technique.
Recipe type: Desserts
Serves: 1¼ quart
- 1200g cream * (4 tins Nestle Cream: 300g)
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅔ cup coffee liqueur (Angostura's Mokatika)
- Pour one tin (300 g) into a bowl. Add the coffee liqueur, a third cup at a time into the bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add the remaining 3 tins of cream; whip in the coffee cream a little before adding the sugar and salt. Combine ingredients and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into hand or electric freezer can and follow manufacturers instructions.
- Here are recommended steps for the freezer method......
- Chill the ice cream mixture in an ice bath.
- Pour mixture in a bowl (plastic, stainless steel) and freeze.
- Check after 45 mins...When it starts to freeze around the edges whisk it vigourously and place back in freezer.
- Check every 30 mins and whisk vigourously every time.
- Continue checking the ice cream, stirring every time while the ice cream freezes.
Calories: 117 kcal Fat: 4.8 g Carbohydrates: 10.49 g Sugar: 144 mg Protein: 0.87 g Cholesterol: 18.03 mg
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved