This coffee liqueur ice cream recipe is all about making ice cream using the freezer technique.
Prep Time: 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 2 hrs 20 mins
Servings: 1 1/4 quart
- 1200 g cream * 4 tins Nestle Cream: 300g
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup coffee liqueur Angostura’s Mokatika
- Pour one tin (300 g) into a bowl. Add the coffee liqueur, a third cup at a time into the bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add the remaining 3 tins of cream; whip in the coffee cream a little before adding the sugar and salt. Combine ingredients and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into hand or electric freezer can and follow manufacturers instructions.
- Here are recommended steps for the freezer method……
- Chill the ice cream mixture in an ice bath.
- Pour mixture in a bowl (plastic, stainless steel) and freeze.
- Check after 45 mins…When it starts to freeze around the edges whisk it vigourously and place back in freezer.
- Check every 30 mins and whisk vigourously every time.
- Continue checking the ice cream, stirring every time while the ice cream freezes.
Click the link to download PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved