- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp. gelatin
- 1/3 cup grated coconut or desiccated coconut
- Fresh coconut is best for this recipe.
- You will need at least 2 coconuts. Crack and remove the shell of the coconuts then grate 1/3 cup and set aside.
- Note: Cut out the brown part of the coconut before grating.
- Cut the rest into smaller pieces (about 2″ in length) and blend in water.
- Add enough water to make the 3 cups of coconut milk.
- Note: We did not say to use 3 cups of water or else your coconut milk will be too diluted.
- Squeeze out the coconut milk through a strainer or sieve.
- Pour the coconut milk into a deep pot.
- Mix the sugar and gelatin.
- Add to coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly then simmer.
- Note: Stir until all the gelatin clumps disappear and gets translucent in the coconut milk.
- Remove and add the cold milk and grated coconut.
- Pour into a glass dish and place in a refrigerator to set.
- When the coconut jelly is set, mark the jelly into blocks using a knife. Serve cold
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved