Normally, coconut milk is used in stewing meats on the island. but what about steaming?
Prep Time: 5minutes mins
Cook Time: 25minutes mins
Total Time: 30minutes mins
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 lbs fish washed with lime
- 3 tbsp green seasoning
- 1 lg sweet pepper yellow, red, and green
- half of a small onion
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Season fish with green seasoning and let marinate for 25 – 30 minutes
- Chop the sweet pepper into chunks and slice the onion lengthways.
- Heat the oil and saute the garlic for about 1 minute.
- Add the fish and cook for 2 minutes, add the coconut milk. Then the sweet peppers and onion.
- Finally add the bay leaf and salt to taste.
- Cover, reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.Serve with your favourite rice dish.
Click the link to download PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved