Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Desserts
- 2 eggs
- ½ cups cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ tbsp flour
- ⅕ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. coconut essence
- dried flaked coconut (for garnish)
- Place about two inches of water in a pot on medium heat.
- Note: Enough water for the double boiler to sit in.
- Place the eggs in the double boiler insert. Then place into the pot with water.
- Beat eggs thoroughly in the double boiler.
- Mix the milk and coconut essencet and set aside.
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt. Set aside.
- Add the milk to the eggs, stirring constantly with a whisk. Mix well.
- Remove the double boiler with the milk from the heat. Do not let the milk curdle.
- Leave the water in the bottom pan to reach boiling point.
- Add the flour mixture to the milk. Mix well.
- Return the top pot with the mixture to the bottom pan with the boiling water.
- Cook over hot water, stirring constantly until mixture coats whisk and is slightly thickened.
- Remove from hot water at once and pour the mixture into ramekins.
- You’ll have enough mixture for three ramekins.
- Let the custard cool, then chill.
- Garnish with coconut flakes before serving.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved