Chicken stewed in a thick creamy coconut milk.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 tbsp. vegetable olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 large red sweet pepper chopped
- 1 green sweet pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp. chopped roasted garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Season the chicken, and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Chop the sweet peppers, onion, and roasted garlic.
- Chop the fresh coconut to make the coconut milk. This can be done by hand or with a blender.
- Heat the oil in a large pot or frying pan. Saute the seasoned chicken until it begins to brown. Then add the onion and garlic. Saute until the onion looks translucent.
- Pour in the coconut milk. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper flakes.
- Transfer the chicken and sauce into a casserole or baking dish. Top with the sweet pepper. (Note: The sweet pepper was added last so that it can retain some of its vibrant colour.)
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 220 degrees C for 45 minutes until the chicken is tender.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved