You coud never say no for for a creamy and delicious coconut cheesecake.
- Crumb crust:
- 2 cups digestive biscuits finely crushed
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. coconut essence
- 333 g 12 ounces cream cheese
- 15 ml 1 tbsp gelatine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 355 ml 15 ounces coconut cream
- 1/3 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup very fine sugar
- 1 cup desiccated or shredded coconut
- Coconut Cream cheese frosting
- Crush or place the biscuit in a food processor to grind smoothly.
- Mix together with coconut essence, softened butter, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Press the crushed biscuit into an 8″ pie tin.
- Mix the coconut cream and condensed milk. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer or spatula for about 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Time to melt the gelatine. Place the gelatine in the lemon juice.
- Mix to soften then dissolve by heating over hot water or in a microwave.
- Note: I prefer heating over hot water. It melts it easily and you don’t have to worry if it will dry up in the microwave.
- Add the melted gelatine to the cream cheese. Mix well.
- Beat together coconut cream mixture, essence and cream cheese mixture.
- Mix well until no lumps are visible.
- Pour mixture into the pie crust and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- When set enough, top with coconut cream cheese frosting.
- Spread evenly.
- Finally, decorate top with desiccated coconut.
For added decadence see coconut cream cheese frosting – http://simplytrinicooking.org/coconut-cream-cheese-frosting/
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved