Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Desserts
- Crumb crust:
- 2 cups digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ – 1 tsp. coconut essence
- 333 g (12 ounces) cream cheese
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) gelatine
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 355 ml (15 ounces) coconut cream
- ⅓ cup condensed milk
- ¼ cup very fine sugar
- 1 cup desiccated or shredded coconut
- Coconut Cream cheese frosting
- Crush or place the biscuit in a food processor to grind smoothly.
- Mix together with coconut essence, softened butter, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Press the crushed biscuit into an 8″ pie tin.
- Mix the coconut cream and condensed milk. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer or spatula for about 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Time to melt the gelatine. Place the gelatine in the lemon juice.
- Mix to soften then dissolve by heating over hot water or in a microwave.
- Note: I prefer heating over hot water. It melts it easily and you don’t have to worry if it will dry up in the microwave.
- Add the melted gelatine to the cream cheese. Mix well.
- Beat together coconut cream mixture, essence and cream cheese mixture.
- Mix well until no lumps are visible.
- Pour mixture into the pie crust and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- When set enough, top with coconut cream cheese frosting.
- Spread evenly.
- Finally, decorate top with desiccated coconut.
For added decadence see coconut cream cheese frosting -
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved