This coconut biscuit recipe is a quite simple. These biscuit are perfect with a strong cocoa tea for dinner. You could not go wrong.
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp. shortening
- 1-2 tbsp. sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup grated coconut
- about 1/2 cup milk
- Measure and sift flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir in baking powder, baking soda and sugar.
- Add shortening and using the tips of a fork, or hands, rub them together till they look like fine crumbs.
- Add milk. Then add the cream of tartar and grated coconut.
- Mix to a dough which is just stiff enough to roll out.
- Bring the mixture to a ball.
- Roll out 1/2 inch thick and cut into small rounds with a cutter. (Or you can use a glass like this).
- Note: Dip the glass in a little flour before you cut the circles.
- Place the cut biscuit circles on a greased tray.
- Brush the top with milk and bake in a very hot oven for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved