Coconut Banana Bread
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Breads
Serves: 1 loaf 6 x 11
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 ripe medium-sized bananas, mashed
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1¼ cups wholewheat flour)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 med sized apples, cored and grated
- ½-1 cup maraschino cherries, halved
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup glazed fruits
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Note: You can grate fresh coconut or use desiccated coconut.
- Sift together the flour, wholewheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Beat the eggs in a deep bowl.
- Add the sugar banana and the grated apple. Mix well.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and the olive oil.
- Add the flour mixture to the liquid then the glazed fruits, raisins and cherries.
- Mix well.
- Pour in a greased dish (6 x 11 inches or 2 baking loaf pans, 9 x 4 inches) and bake for about 1 hour at 220 degrees F or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before serving. Cut into slices and serve.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved