Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Breads
Serves: 1 coconut bake
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp. melted butter. unsalted (or olive oil)
- ¾ cup grated coconut
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder into bowl. In a separate bowl mix the grated coconut and sugar then add the coconut mixture to the sifted flour. Add the milk and butter or oil.
- Knead for about 5 minutes or until you get a smooth dough like in the picture. Cover and let rise for 10 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin, shape dough into a circle (3/4 -1 inch thick) and place in a greased baking tin, round or square. Prick top of the bake with fork to decorate.
- Bake in a moderate oven (about 250 degrees F ) for 20 minutes or until light brown. Allow to cool.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved