This is just one of the most delicous one pot meal ever. Chunky vegetables with beef is quite satisfying and a simple meal to prepae.
- 1 /2 lb beef sliced thinly
- 1 Carrot sliced thinly
- 2 cups pak choi chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup dried black fungus
- 5 – 6 broccoli florets halved
- 1 cucumber peeled seeded and sliced thinly (optional)
- 1 sweet pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch + 3 tbsp water cornstarch mixture
- 1 tbsp rice cooking wine
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 small onion sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp grated ginger divided
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 sprig chive chopped
- Soak the dried black fungus in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Slice the beef thinly and marinate with 1/2 tbsp grated ginger, soy sauce,
- salt, sugar and rice cooking wine for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Note: Make sure you have all your ingredients prepared and lined up in order so you won’t forget anything.
- Heat the oil and add the rest of the grated ginger (1/2 tbsp) then add the onion. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add the marinated beef and stir until the beef is cooked.
- Add the broccoli and carrots. Toss or stir for 1 minute.
- Then add the sweet pepper cucumber and corn. Stir for 1 minute.
- Note: At this point you can also add the pak choi if you want.
- Drain the black fungus and add. Toss or stir.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and toss. Adjust salt if desired.
- Turn off the stove, add sesame oil and toss one last time. Garnish with chive before serving hot.
- Note: You could add some noodles and toss with the vegetables or serve over rice.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved