Chunky Vegetables with Beef
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Main
- 1 /2 lb beef sliced thinly
- 1 Carrot, sliced thinly
- 2 cups pak choi, chopped (optional)
- ½ cup dried black fungus
- 5 – 6 broccoli florets, halved
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded and sliced thinly (optional)
- 1 sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch + 3 tbsp water (cornstarch mixture)
- 1 tbsp rice cooking wine
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 small onion sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp grated ginger, divided
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 sprig chive, chopped
- Soak the dried black fungus in hot water for 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Slice the beef thinly and marinate with ½ tbsp grated ginger, soy sauce,
- salt, sugar and rice cooking wine for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Note: Make sure you have all your ingredients prepared and lined up in order so you won’t forget anything.
- Heat the oil and add the rest of the grated ginger (1/2 tbsp) then add the onion. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add the marinated beef and stir until the beef is cooked.
- Add the broccoli and carrots. Toss or stir for 1 minute.
- Then add the sweet pepper cucumber and corn. Stir for 1 minute.
- Note: At this point you can also add the pak choi if you want.
- Drain the black fungus and add. Toss or stir.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and toss. Adjust salt if desired.
- Turn off the stove, add sesame oil and toss one last time. Garnish with chive before serving hot.
- Note: You could add some noodles and toss with the vegetables or serve over rice.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved