Spanish rice just might become one of your favorite meals for the Christmas season.
Recipe type: Rice Dishes
- 1 cup rice
- 1½ tbsp grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet pepper (green), chopped
- 1 medium sweet pepper (red), chopped
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 sprig celery, chopped finely
- 2 sprigs fine leaf thyme, chopped finely
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt to taste
- Boil rice drain and set aside.
- Melt butter over a medium flame. Saute the ginger, garlic, and onion for one minute. Add celery, thyme and sweet peppers. Let cook for one minute. (Note: Try not to overcook the sweet pepper because they would lose some of their vibrant colour.)
- Add raisins and mix well. Allow to saute for about 30 seconds. Add rice. Mix well and adjust salt to taste. (If you like you can add a bit of black pepper now).
- Remove from heat. Serve hot.
Calories: 211 kcal Fat: 6.5 g Carbohydrates: 36 g Sugar: 9 g Sodium: 55 mg Fiber: 1.9 g Protein: 3 g
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved