Spanish rice just might become one of your favorite meals for the Christmas season.
Christmas Rice Recipe
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Course: Rice Dishes
- 1 cup rice
- 1 1/2 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium sweet pepper green, chopped
- 1 medium sweet pepper red, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 sprig celery chopped finely
- 2 sprigs fine leaf thyme chopped finely
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt to taste
- Boil rice drain and set aside.
- Melt butter over a medium flame. Saute the ginger, garlic, and onion for one minute. Add celery, thyme and sweet peppers. Let cook for one minute. (Note: Try not to overcook the sweet pepper because they would lose some of their vibrant colour.)
- Add raisins and mix well. Allow to saute for about 30 seconds. Add rice. Mix well and adjust salt to taste. (If you like you can add a bit of black pepper now).
- Remove from heat. Serve hot.
Click the link to download PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved