Chow chow is a favourite for a Christmas Morning ham and hops. How about making your own chow chow?
- 1 cup cauliflower chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 cup bodi chopped
- 2 large sweet peppers red and green, chopped
- 8 pimento peppers red and green, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 18 cloves
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp turmeric
- 2 1/2 cups vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tbsp grated ginger
- Sterilize the bottles before use.
- Finely chop all the vegetables. Then soak the vegetables overnight in the brine, made of salt and water. Then strain and set aside.
- The following day, place the cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger, sugar and turmeric in a deep stainless steel pot. Add the vinegar, boil together for 10 minutes.
- Strain into another stainless steel pot and add the chopped ingredients.
- Cook until the mixture is thick. Remove and place hot in the sterilized bottles.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved