If you love chocolate, cakes and pies, you will enjoy this old fashion chocolate desert.
Melted chocolate goes great with strawberries, bananas, ripe fruits, even salted food.
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chopped
- ¾ cup whipping cream or heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons coffee liqueur – OR –
- 2 tablespoons Peppermint liqueur
- Over low flame, heat the whipping cream until warm. Do not boil. Next add the chopped chocolate, a little at a time, while stirring. Stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the liqueur. Keep the fondue warm in a small crockpot or a fondue pot.
- Use the following to dip: strawberries, sliced apples, cubes of cake, Pretzel sticks, chunks of pineapple, marshmallows, candied fruit, etc.
Note: The chocolate cold also be melted in a fondue pot.