Servings: 12 large cookies.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate powder
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1/4 c chopped nuts almonds, hazel, or pecan or chocolate pieces
- 1/2 c chocolate sprinkles or chocolate kisses Hershey’s
- Mix together the brown sugar, granulated sugar and chocolate powder. Mix and set aside.
- Sift the salt, cinnamon, baking soda and flour together. Mix and set aside.
- Cream the sugars, chocolate, and butter together.
- Add the vanilla to the egg and beat together.
- Blend the egg into the creamed mixture.
- Then stir in the flour mixture.
- Mix until a smooth dough is formed.
- Note: If you’re adding the nuts add it at this step
- Separate dough into small balls. Place in greased trays.
- These will make large cookies, about 4 inches in diameter.
- Place the chocolate cookies about 2 1/2 inches apart.
- Note: To maintain uniformity we measured about 2 tbsp of cookie dough for each cookie.
- Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Sprinkle chocolate sprinkles or place a chocolate kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees F (160 degree C) for 15 minutes.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved