Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Desserts
Serves: 12 large cookies.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chocolate powder
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1½ tsp. vanilla essence
- ¼ c chopped nuts (almonds, hazel, or pecan) or chocolate pieces
- ½ c chocolate sprinkles or chocolate kisses (Hershey’s)
- Mix together the brown sugar, granulated sugar and chocolate powder. Mix and set aside.
- Sift the salt, cinnamon, baking soda and flour together. Mix and set aside.
- Cream the sugars, chocolate, and butter together.
- Add the vanilla to the egg and beat together.
- Blend the egg into the creamed mixture.
- Then stir in the flour mixture.
- Mix until a smooth dough is formed.
- Note: If you’re adding the nuts add it at this step
- Separate dough into small balls. Place in greased trays.
- These will make large cookies, about 4 inches in diameter.
- Place the chocolate cookies about 2½ inches apart.
- Note: To maintain uniformity we measured about 2 tbsp of cookie dough for each cookie.
- Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Sprinkle chocolate sprinkles or place a chocolate kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees F (160 degree C) for 15 minutes.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved