This is a wonderful mixture of chocolat and banana in this chocolate banana bread. You will find this bread extremely tasty.
- 1½ cups sifted flour
- ½ cups wholewheat flour
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup almond nuts walnuts, pecans or peanuts, chopped
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- ¾ cups mashed banana
- 1 tsp. ginger powder
- 2 tbsp. evaporated milk or low fat milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 1/2-3/4 cup cocoa powder chocolate chips or chocolate sprinkles
- Beat the eggs with the vanilla.
- Combine the eggs, milk and, oil. (If you are using cocoa powder) Add the cocoa powder oil. Set aside.
- Mash the bananas with a fork until smooth.
- Add the mash bananas to the egg, oil, and milk mixture.
- Blend well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Add the sugar.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and blend well.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour and mix well.
- Note: If you want your banana bread with more chocolate, you may add the chocolate chips or melted semi-sweet chocolate now. Just melt the chocolate in a double boiler and let it cool before you add it to the flour).
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake at 350° F for about 30 minutes or until it is brown.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved