Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Salads
Cuisine: International, Fusion
- 4 cups cooked chicken, diced*
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp onion, grated
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, chopped
- The chicken was seasoned trinistyle before cooking. To cook you can either steam or boil the chicken. If you're boiling add some green seasoning to the water.
- Place the diced chicken in a bowl. Add celery, salt, onion, lemon juice and mayonnaise. Note: The lemon juice and the mayonnaise was mixed together first then added hence the liquid appearance.
- Mix gently, then cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Separate and wash the lettuce leaves, dry and refrigerate for 1 hour as well.
- Divide the lettuce onto 6 plates neatly. Then place the chicken mixture on the lettuce.
- Garnish with the grapes. Before serving, sprinkle the chopped almonds on the top. Serve immediately.
- Note 1: If you're doing this for lunch or dinner prepare the chicken and and the lettuce and refrigerate about an hour before. When your guests arrive you can then assemble the salad and serve.
- Note 2: As an alternative you can use walnuts or macadamia nuts.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved