I’ll tell you this. This chicken salad had me hooked the first time I had it and now I can’t get enough.
Cuisine: Fusion, International
- 4 cups cooked chicken diced*
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp onion grated
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 tsp salt optional
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds chopped
- The chicken was seasoned trinistyle before cooking. To cook you can either steam or boil the chicken. If you’re boiling add some green seasoning to the water.
- Place the diced chicken in a bowl. Add celery, salt, onion, lemon juice and mayonnaise. Note: The lemon juice and the mayonnaise was mixed together first then added hence the liquid appearance.
- Mix gently, then cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Separate and wash the lettuce leaves, dry and refrigerate for 1 hour as well.
- Divide the lettuce onto 6 plates neatly. Then place the chicken mixture on the lettuce.
- Garnish with the grapes. Before serving, sprinkle the chopped almonds on the top. Serve immediately.
- Note 1: If you’re doing this for lunch or dinner prepare the chicken and and the lettuce and refrigerate about an hour before. When your guests arrive you can then assemble the salad and serve.
- Note 2: As an alternative you can use walnuts or macadamia nuts.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved