Chicken in Mushroom Sauce
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Meats
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin removed and seasoned Trinistyle
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp flour
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- salt to taste (about 1 tsp)
- Prepare the chicken in advance. Season and marinate the chicken for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- In a deep pot, melt the butter over a low flame and carefully place the chicken breasts.
- Cover and allow to cook for about 7 minutes.
- Turn on other side, cover and cook for 7 minutes.
- Note: What we want to achieve is a cooked but tender chicken breast. So keep the fire low and let the chicken breasts cook slowly in their juices.
- Next, remove the chicken breasts. Set aside.
- In the same pot, add the chopped onion and saute until translucent.
- Add the flour and mushrooms. Stir.
- Then add the milk and heavy cream. simmer for 3 minutes or until thick.
- Return the chicken breasts and cover with the sauce. Serve hot.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved