Chicken in Black Bean Sauce
- 2 lbs chicken
- 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 1 sweet pepper diced
- 1/2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 tsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp black bean sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Wash the chicken with the lime juice. Drain and dice. Set aside.
- Mix the cornstarch and water. Set aside.
- Heat oil and saute the onion and ginger.
- Add the chicken and cook until tender and changes colour.
- Add water, salt, sesame oil and sugar. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Then add the cornstarch mixture, sweet pepper and black bean sauce and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved